Sunday, December 18, 2005

If we don't write it down, historians won't know

A poem by Jeigh.


I fed my rose orange juice today
Because water wasn't working
I don't think she likes it much
But the sun has gone down anyway

The toothpaste bottle went empty
So I tried the tube from the emergency kit
When I pulled the brush from my mouth
The bristles came out pink

When I don't push the drawer in all the way
I bang my knees against it
I found another bruise this morning
I just never learn

I'm wearing my last clean pair of socks today
But I don't go home until tomorrow
I guess I'll have to wear them again
Not that anyone will notice

The pipes make a lot of noise
And the heater blows too hot
The humidifier makes it worse
But at least my nose doesn't bleed

It isn't snowing today
But I can see the paths of snowmen
Outside my window where they formed
But now lay in piles across Coate Field

I wish I were going home today
But I'm not
I should be studying for my French exam
But I'm not

--Jeigh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home